2.05.2006

A little more Paris

I definitely fell behind in terms of blogging here. I don't really have much to say about Paris. We went to lunch at the Louvre, which was great. My only complaint was about the salad and the amount of time we had to venture among the art. The salad sucked... the combined three of my least favorite foods in one plate: olives, vinegar, and shrimp... and put it in front of me. I tried it, but there is no changing these tastebuds. After lunch we checked out The Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and countless other impressive statutes, paintings, carvings, etc. We only had an hour and a half, but I could have spent days there. From the Louvre, our group took a boat tour of Paris on the river Seinne. We passed the Eiffel Tour and it was lit up against the night sky. Amazing to see.
Paris was a beautiful city and great to explore (I even got a pretty good graps of their metro system in a relatively short amount of time), but the night life wasn't really for me. Some friends and I went to a discoteque that was supposedly the best in Paris. Listening to the incessent thumping of house music for hours on end just left me with a headache. Now, the people in Paris are like non other I have ever seen. First off, being an American guy, it is virtualy impossible to speak with the French girls; they seem to have nothing but contempt for Americans. The style there is also overwhelming. I wore a sport coat and jeans. Bad idea... the key is to blend in and I stuck out like a sore thumb. I couldn't blend into Paris unless I had a cockatoo hair cut or mullet (I have no clue why Europeans rock the mullet... reminds me of 80s hair metal or maybe some hicks in Arkansas.) and wore the trendiest ripped up clothing possible. The wierdest part about the experience was the dancing, which is not necessarily a shared experience. Everyone seems to dance by themselves, zoning out to the house music while staring at the DJ.

That's really all I have for Paris. I saw the sights. The Louvre, Eiffel Tour, Notre Dame, countless bridges. But, I don't really have any knack to return any time soon. Maybe when I am old and married.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazing Counters
Avon Cosmetics